Lit from the back all details of the subject are in shadow.
To get good silhouette pictures :
- Shoot facing the light with your subject in the middle.
- Choose Spot or Partial Metering Mode at the bottom of Quick Control Screen.
- Turn off the flash as it will illuminate the dark areas which we want to remain black.
- Turn Mode Dial to Av or Aperture Priority Mode and choose a large F number.
- Press shutter button halfway and turn the Quick Control Dial till the exposure meter mark is in the negative area.This will darken the silhouette more.